View Single Post
      03-09-2021, 10:48 AM   #22
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

My local BMW dealership is a Carbhan dealer. They confirmed that any powertrain claim would be handled between either them or Carbahn and that the customer is not liable if within the warranty period.

I'd be weary getting a tune (including Carbahn) anywhere other than the dealership. That's what makes it so attractive over the other tuners - just make sure you do it at the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I don't care what anyone says..... the answer is No. Any modifications you make to the vehicle, will void the warrantee on any parts/systems impacted by the modification you made. If you get tuned, the warrantee on your engine is gone, however it won't impact the warrantee on your "stereo", because getting tuned doesn't impact the function of the stereo. That's how warrantees work.

I don't care what Carbahn says..... there are literally hundreds of threads over the years from people that were denied warrantee coverage by BMW. Just google it. If you modify your car's ECU by getting tuned, and throw a piston through the hood of your car.... I absolutely 100% guarantee BMW will deny your warrantee.

When you go back to Carbahn and ask them to pay for the repairs.... there's also hundreds of threads online of Carbahn denying claims as well.

I have read about a few "Carbahn friendly" specific dealerships, that will honor the BMW warrantee on a Carbahn tune that they perform. If that is true.... cool.... but get it in writing. I GUARANTEE BMW headquarters will tell you to get bent though.

You've got to pay to play. With any modifications you make, there are risks associated. I've done more modifications than most. I've accepted that, and I've chosen to accept the consequences of what "could" happen, and what it "could" cost me if something catastrophic happens. Believing anything else, is quite frankly.... foolish.

If a warrantee claim is honored on a modified car, consider yourself VERY LUCKY. But don't be so delusional as to think that warrantee "must" be honored.
Appreciate 1