View Single Post
      04-25-2023, 01:34 PM   #44
STEALERHSIPS GONE SOON
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Obviously this is not correct and the app does get information from the vehicle, including the version of the software that it is running. If you get your iDrive updated by a dealer the new version will show in the app.

OP - Your dealer will not be able to sync the two. Try deleting the app and reinstalling. Are you having any other issues with the app? Can you remote start?, hit the horn, get window status, etc.?

the app does get information from the vehicle, including the version of the software that it is running but it does not sync with the vehicle directly but with an intermediary = the bmw server!

the app is just an interface = a way to present your account info on a smart device and/or to send info/ data/ commands to bmw (server) who will initiate actions further on (like in remote start, open, lock and so on)
The app does not interact with your vehicle directly and to prove that just send any command to the vehicle without internet connection, see if it works! It won't.

the app sources its info/ data from the BMW account - the one you initiate when you purchase/ lease the vehicle, PRIOR to installing/ having the MyBMW on any device.

BMW conditioning the delivery of services already paid for by the use of an app or even a smart phone is totally wrong.
I may want to drive a bmw and still not want use a non smart phone or device (just a hypothetical situation but still a possible one). Not to mention that bmw used to make those updates without the conditioning of any app, just a short while ago.

Why is it any of my fault they released 2023 update while my vehicle still shows 2021 whatever? I take the vehicle in for maintenance regularly and it's not even 3 years old, it's not my fault and I am not getting the services I paid for.

We are being taken advantage of in the "pay more while you get less" bmw's game. We should be coherently expressing our opinions regarding the quality of product/ services that we've paid for.
Appreciate 0