coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

[QUOTE=Dunnor;30405539]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
I went through this exact thing but for a different software issue last year at this time on my X7 order. Vehicle arrived at my dealer on a Thursday night and was tagged as part of the then stop-sale (for a headlight issue) first thing on Friday morning. It sat there for around a month waiting for a software update so I could take delivery. BMW didn’t provide any updates or any timelines; the softwate update just showed up randomly one afternoon.

Ironically, and depressingly, I’m in the process of swapping my X7 40i for an M60i that finishes its production next week so there’s a chance this may be a repeat for me.

It’s worth noting that my 2023 X7 was built AFTER the date range provided in then posted stop-sale and still was impacted so unfortunately there will still be some outliers. I also learned that the stop-sale isn’t actually applied until after the dealer receives the vehicle and scans it into their inventory (or whatever the process is); my CA was watching mine and there was no stop-sale after the build nor while in-transit. It only showed up as such once actually on the ground at the dealer. I’m curious to see if there are any here with build dates after what’s posted in the stop-sale.

I should also note that I tried and fanagled my hardest to let the dealer just let me take it anyway - I would’ve signed a waiver or anything. Nope. BMW actually blocks this from happening. They couldn’t even transfer anything into my name or assign me the car as they normally would do.

Hoping it’s a quick fix.

Thank you for the positive [...]
I know 😂😂

I’ll do you another solid and give you a preview of your next few weeks. Your excitement will waver between hopeful, angry, and resentful. You’ll have moments where you’re feeling blessed with your life, that the glass is half full, and then you’ll just knock the glass over in a fit of rage. Some will splash on your shirt and will stain it. But that’s okay because you’re at the final stages where all your feelings just turn into delirium and you are void on the inside even when your CA calls with the news that a fix is in.

But it’ll be worth it on the drive home. Hopefully that drive happens sooner rather than later!
Appreciate 2
arRod1981922.00
mardoc26.50