View Single Post
      08-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #12
khurmit
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Oh forgot to mention - a nice little touch was that when we arrived back from the drive, there was some dude parked at the dealership with a blue F12Berlinetta - a few people stood round admiring it, whose heads turned as I drove turned by and did a little downshift. We park up and just before turning the car off I give it a few revs to hear that exhaust one last time. Ferrari guy decides he won't be outdone - we proceeded to have a little vs. battle - it's obvious who the winner of that was though!

Anyway, he starts walking over and says hello as I get out of the car. Turns out he's the original owner of my M5, who spec'd it from new, so it's NOT a dealer demo car! I'd already found that out from the salesguy anyway, as I was curious why Paul's data above showed a private plate change.

So, I wasn't overly happy, until I got to actually meet and exchange contacts with the original owner! He'd traded the M5 in and went for new X6 and had just bought his son an M4. Said his cars are always garaged etc and as he's got a few, they're all low mileage. Had loads of praise for the car and ended up showing me around - he was very proud of the options and pointed everyhting out (not that I wasnt already aware). I think the sales guy was embarrassed as he knew very little in comparison.

Anyway, old owner even fished out 2 little remotes from the cupholders and said they were the keycards for a Cobra tracker he'd had installed - I need to do some research to work out how to transfer/subscribe etc.

Plus said he'd sell me the cars winter wheels, as he was planning to sell on ebay etc.

Even more happy now that I know the cars not some sort of dealership slaaaag, but was owned by a fellow (and obviously fairly well off) petrolhead! Great to have that provenance come with it.
Appreciate 1
JovanUK141.50