Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I have that, tape and bar in the middle and all. Holding up great under heat — the middle gets hot enough to burn, but the surrounds are just warm. And I don't care about the one vs two pipes — I wanted black and the bar in the middle is the only version that was available that fit my setup.
Makes sense - just ordered mine. Another thought/question - why can't we just cut off the middle bar? It is not like it is going to compromise the strength of the unit once it is put on to the vehicle.
I think the bar in the middle is for an M50d or something like that that has two pipes and isn't available (yet) in North America. It's the only one available that fits over the M Sport exhaust surrounds. Don't know why aftermarket hasn't clued into M Sport exhaust specific surround stick-ons.

Cutting out the middle bar after the fact seems unlikely to me to produce a good result without a very significant amount of care and post processing, including possibly paint touch up — not worth the effort for a stick-on those entire value proposition is ease and speed.