View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 05:21 PM   #437
Sanchos
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
G05 X5 hub is definitely 66.66mm. If the rims are the same 66.66, the installer is confused and should unconfuse themselves. However ...

... many aftermarket wheels are manufactured in larger hub sizes and the manufacturer supplies or pre-installs an adapter hub ring in each rim for the target vehicle. They'll often do that without telling customers about the adapter ring. Perhaps that's what's happening here ... the adapter rings are missing ("check the box").

This is just a guess, but, otherwise, vehicle hub size would be a pretty big thing for a wheel installer to be confused about. Big enough that, if true, I'd immediately take my car away from them.

P.S. I am not specifically familiar with those rim models, but if adapter rings are needed, it implies the rims are pretty generic (which means not G05 stock offsets and rim thickness) and in that case I would be surprised if they don't all require spacers and different length bolts for mounting to G05.

Thank you all for the input. I spoke with one of the lead techs at the tire shop, he said that he even tried placing it on himself and for some reason will not fit. I asked if it is possible that the manufacturer mistakenly placed the wrong wheel in the box, and he said he has seen that before. For some reason, one of the workers there said the bore is 74.1mm (used in the M model of the 2018?). I cannot seem to verify that but it seems to be inconsistent with the information I'm getting from most sources (being that the 2019 X5 is 66.56 all around).

You guys ever hear of cases where incorrect bore size is placed in box? I measured and got the 66 mm, but perhaps it is possible it wasn't machined correctly? Seems unlikely.
Appreciate 0