View Single Post
      04-26-2020, 09:02 AM   #25
sauce25
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero88 View Post
So I swapped my steering wheel the other day for a carbon alcantara wheel, I followed all the necessary steps....

Disconnect battery (left boot open of course and seats down)
Remove airbag
Remove steering wheel
Remove trim/buttons and transfer to new

and then the reverse order.

I have then turned the car back on and the airbag light came on "Driver restraint system". When i pushed down on the horn, it would constantly go off until I turned the battery off.

So a few days has passed and ive purchased myself a lead to try and code out the fault, but now when i turn the car on and start driving, a few seconds goes by and the horn just constantly blows. This happened while i was driving down the road, so in a panic, I parked to the side of the road (luckily in a parking bay) ran out the car and turned the battery off, closed the boot (idiot) and now my car of couse wont turn on. I did leave the seats down but I have no idea how to unlock the boot from inside and I've scoured the internet and cant find a solution.

I'm completely lost as to what to do, or what is going on with the airbag/horn.

Does anyone have any suggestions I could try?

Good Morning, Something similar just happened to me when I swapped out my steering wheel. When I connected the battery the horn would go off consistently. Check the ground wire on the steering wheel. There is a tab that it needs to sit in that secures it from moving. Part of the ground wire tab was not seated correctly and it was touching the horn plate causing the short. Hope this helps.

You can see how close the ground tab is to the horn plate. Make sure it is not touching it.

https://link.shutterfly.com/nMmqETA7Z5

Last edited by sauce25; 04-27-2020 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0