G05sweden
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X5M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCactus View Post
I've just received answer from my dealer.

They claim, that cornering lights work only in AUTO mode - they made even a test on their X5 and... those lights work :

About turn signal - they should work also, but only when driving and above 20km/h.
So this photo is confirmation that NON-laser lights (the standard LEDs) in Europe have functional cornering lights. US non-laser lights don't have the hardware/reflector for cornering lights.

That means we are still at the point where cornering lights appear to be non-functional on ALL laser lights in both US and Europe. We have yet to see a definitive video or photo of functional cornering lights anywhere.

Also, FYI...the cornering lights should come on at a stop, not just above 20mph. One of the main purposes for them is to be able to illuminate a corner when you come to stop sign/light. This is the way the cornering light works on all other BMWs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCactus View Post
I've just received answer from my dealer.

They claim, that cornering lights work only in AUTO mode - they made even a test on their X5 and... those lights work :

[IMG]https://images90.fotosik.pl/139/abe2b9e8c25a43dfmed.jpg[/IMG]

About turn signal - they should work also, but only when driving and above 20km/h.
So this photo is confirmation that NON-laser lights (the standard LEDs) in Europe have functional cornering lights. US non-laser lights don'th have the hardware/reflector for cornering lights.

That means we are still at the point where cornering lights appear to be non-functional on ALL laser lights in both US and Europe. We have yet to see a definitive video or photo of functional cornering lights anywhere.

Also, FYI...the cornering lights should come on at a stop, not just above 20mph. One of the main purposes for them is to be able to illuminate a corner when you come to stop sign/light. This is the way the cornering light works on all other BMWs.
Hi,

I have laser lights and I notice a change when at standstill turning the steering wheel. Not like my xc90 Volvo but I think there is curb lights o my x5m50d. Sweden
Appreciate 0