06-16-2021, 09:20 AM   #19
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
Every internal combustion vehicle emits water vapor.
The scientific community is also not in agreement on the "global warming" issue. Many in that arena never got on the band wagon and others who did are now highly skeptical or no longer agree with all the hype that is being exploited to advance various political agendas.
Fossil fuels are going to be used in great volumes for the foreseeable future whether the environmental freaks are able to comprehend why or not. This war on fossil fuels is the stupidest thing I have seen in my lifetime as we essentially retreat into a pre industrial era not much better than the stone age in their absence. Our world or anything remotely similar does not exist without coal, natural gas and oil.
I am not sure what your point is. How has increasing fuel efficiency and use of alternative energy made anything worse for anyone. You can call people 'environmental freaks', but I doubt you'll buy a house or live next to a toxic dump.

No country or industry has gone backwards, quality of life diminished because they adopted less polluting or cleaner technology or made their engines more efficient. That is just progress. FWIW, people hated all types of progress but clean energy, EV (debatable about how clean they are in effect) all are part of progress...

Maybe you were just ranting, so missed your point...BMW is investing in this because they feel it helps their business. End of story. No one is forcing them.
Appreciate 8
VTENGR1052.50
FastMarkA560.50
volodp196.50
mcman19.00
W0ut243.50