Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by msunny View Post
Update on "In Storage Hold" since Mar 13 at Oxnard:

According to the dealer, Norfolk Southern has not released the vehicle to BMW as the railway is backed up. So, the car is there but due to some overcrowding of carriages, it is stuck for the last 11 days
Hey there, I also purchased my BMW from BMW of Mountain View. Not a X5, but a X3 M40i.

I was advised my vehicle would reach Oxnard, CA VPC on the 3/18 or 19th, but no update as of now. Genius isn't really able to provide me an update aside from mentioning that there might be a "delay". I reached out to Norfolk Southern, but they advised they needed a "car number" in order for them to tell me anything. I told them I do have a bill of lading number, but that didn't really help.

It was interesting because they did mention getting a lot of calls from BMW customers inquiring about tracking trains for updates. I guess there is a storage hold/delay?

I placed my order 38 days ago as a FYI. In the BMW website it stills says, "At the port" which is clearly not updated.

Keep me posted on anything new from your side.

If you don't mind sharing, which number did you use to contact Norfolk Southern and what details did they need from you in order to tell you there is a "storage hold"

Thanks!
Appreciate 0