View Single Post
      11-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #1127
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS View Post
I was waiting for 10.00 am to ask the BMW Genius, but I could only get the robot telling me that there is no production date, only that the order has been confirmed. I will have to wait until Monday to talk to the Genius that hopefully knows more...Why did I order something custom and I did not get something that was on stock....damn. I was in this boat of checking X times per day also 3 years ago and I guess I wanted to go on that route again...pffff
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems each allocation is tied to a specific build week. So your dealer must know your allocation is build week 2 or 3 allowing for a week or two delivery time to dealer.

I think a lot of times is luck of the draw where a dealer may already have a car ordered for inventory that matches your order so you get it a lot faster. Or, more likely, the dealer has a car ordered for stock, still in 112 status, and when you place your order they modify that existing stock order and then you get your car in 4 weeks or less.

I'm looking at 10 weeks for production and probably 12 to 14 weeks for delivery since I'm opting for the performance delivery.
Appreciate 0