03-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #20
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollingCavalier View Post
This is absolutely scary, how should we keep our car safe?
Tho my neighbour all have better cars than me(like m5 comp, panamera turbo, Maserati and etc), I guess my car will not be the target for a while XD
Bottom line is...you can't. If someone really wants your car, they'll just winch it onto a flatbed and its gone. However, I think we are talking about the 80/20 rule here. The people who really want it and have the means to get it are the 20%. Its the 80% I think we're referring to here.
Be smart where you park it, take precautions with your key fob like this thread is talking about, don't leave it unlocked when out and about and think about safeguarding your garage so people can't open the garage door with a coat hanger, etc.
I stopped driving my personal cars into NYC many years ago. Not solely because I thought they might be stolen but more likely due to 95% of the cars there are dented/damaged. If I need to go there, I rent one. You have choices in life and if it should happen that yours is stolen, the most valuable parts of it are your personal belongings inside...the car can be replaced. They make them every day.
Appreciate 1