View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #39
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinliem View Post
Basicly you just take off the oem one(when you take off the wheels its clearly see it) , change the bbm links that i bought from ebay. The hardest part is take of the original one. You need to deep in a hot water so the plastic oem links will a little bit soft(fragile) and just take it out. The front side, i set 5mm longer than stock. The rear side, i set 5mm shorter than stock. I recommend dont set more than 5mm different from oem.
Wait..... so you lengthen the fronts to lower it....
..... and shorten the rears to lower it??

That makes no sense.... but admittedly, I haven't "seen" it in person. I'm quite mechanically inclined, I just also happen to be neurotic about researching things before I do them.

Are there vehicle-specific directions that come with the ABM kit? Is there a reference comparison of how many mm adustment equals vehicle height change?

I do want to go "a little" lower... maybe just 1.25 inches though... not super low.

I know "eventually" I can get it where I want it, I'd just prefer to have a "basic plan" in place, before I end up removing and replacing the wheels 15 times.... know what I mean?
Appreciate 0