Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
AutoScout24 shows 29 45e's so a lot of choice. However the price is almost the new minus the usual discount. So it would take a lot of negotiating to get it down to reasonable price

Not all BMW dealers.
I was looking at premium selection only, i would want 4 years factory warranty when buying something as complicated as a hybrid, cost could go up very rapid when something goes wrong.

They are offering a 120k car with 8000km's for 100k. That 120k gross without the usual 10% discount so in the end it is 7% off for 8000km (test car probably so not gently driven).
Not a deal I would take.

In comparison, my current 5 series was a premium selection with 8190km (German factory employee car), new price 74k and got it for 40k.
That is also how I bought my previous 5 series. Really good deals.

I selected the one I wanted in a list with the color, engine and options I wanted. 6 months old, less than 10.000 km and 25.000 euro under the new price. The dealer in Gent bought it for me in Germany and gave the guarantees. Had it two weeks later.

Thing is there are way more 5 series's than x5's to chose from.

You are correct I would only a 45e from a official dealer. If you don't get 4y you could also sign in for the maintenance program. It's quite expensive but then your also covered for all repairs for 4y. That's what I did with the 40e.
Appreciate 0