View Single Post
      06-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #18
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Whp was the standard 20 years ago..... when we didn't have computers to be able to successfully measure Hp. It had to be measured on a dyno. Prior to 2000, most manufacturers were just "guessing" at performance measurements, and many were wildly off.

Nowadays maps/tunes are sent via email and road-tested using gps tracking. A rolling dyno serves no other purpose than making sure the tune delivers the power smoothly. It has nothing to do with "ego". It also has nothing to do with posting a "bigger" number. I posted, what my tuner posted, which is consistent with what the manufacturer posts.

See how exhausting this is? If I had a quarter for every time I saw a thread about hp readings that got trolled into and endless "my method is better than your method" argument.... or "XYZ did this and that, which is way better than what you did"......well...... this tune would have been free. LOL

I won't argue the 35 years I've been doing this.... or my 13 restorations.... or my 2 cars that ended up in magazines with you either.

I'll just submit and say "you're right, I'm wrong, and I should be ashamed of myself for daring to post my experiences in a manner inconsistent with your personal measurement preferences".

I posted this because I felt it would interest other BMW enthusiasts on this forum, that may have an interest in doing the same thing..... and seeing similar performance gains. My "ego" was in check long before I ever bought this car. It's a good feeling.
Appreciate 1