Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB316 View Post
Hi 914,

Thanks for sharing!

I agree with you that the intakes themselves are well designed, and don't need to be modified or messed with. But, the stock filters are GARBAGE. Especially you M50i guys with the charcoal filters too. I've run K&N filters in quite a few cars including the G05 with no issues thus far. Hopefully they come up with a filter for the TU3 for you guys to run...
Thanks!

I removed the charcoal filters a couple weeks ago. Ironically, it was an "accident". I was fitment testing the K&Ns from a M550i to see of they fit. They didn't. That was actually when I discovered them though. I didn't even know they existed until then.

I saw them.... and I was like "yep.... those are gone". That whole experience however, is what made me bring it up with my tuner.

I've used K&Ns on at LEAST the last 20-25 vehicles I've owned, and I've also never had a problem with them. When my tuner suggested NOT to buy them, I was a bit taken back by it.

But it all fairness.... He has probably seen his fair share of pimply-faced 17 year olds..... roll in with a 1989 Honda Civic, with a K&N filter dripping in pink oil like a freshly used dish sponge... lol.
Yeah, I remember you had ordered them and they didn't fit with the new style intakes for the TU3.

I got the same ones you got as I have a boring old 50i and they fit nicely.

You're probably right, a lot of guys oil them when they're new which isn't necessary at all. Personally, I'll be leaving them alone for atleast 30-40k miles. Brand new, they're already practically drenched in oil haha.

Mixed information everywhere, hard to know what to believe at this point!
Appreciate 0