03-02-2021, 11:10 AM   #14
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau3er View Post
G05 M Sport are 395x36mm - not 385

The major upgrade here though is pad size - significantly larger friction surface from the 6 pots vs the 4 pots!

Great upgrade!

For the rear, you could look at the 380x28 F90 M5 rear brake set up - I can't see why it wouldnt work since the M5 caliper will have the electronic handbrake mech also and there are no handbrake shoes to consider with the brake rotor fitment. It may need a small bracket to allow fitment of the caliper - but wouldnt be a big issue.

I'm pretty sure Tronik have done it.....

EDIT: yes they have..... 380mm ///M rear disc

https://tro-nik.com/bmw-g05-brake-system-set/
I assure you, G05 Msport front brake rotors are 385mm

F95 rotors are 395mm. I had both rotors off the car, sitting side by side, and while they aren't "much" larger, they are larger.

https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/BMW/116586/BMW-G05-X5-M50i.html

I'm aware of Tro-Nik, and I've exchanged multiple emails with them back and forth. I actually wanted to buy "something" from them, because of all the help and technical info they've given me.... but they just didn't have anything I needed.

There are a few rear brake options, but all of them require using a similar single-piston cast caliper. If the X5M had a sealed 4-piston, I would have bought the entire kit. It wasn't worth investing in a full BBK for the rear, for no other advantage than a rotor that is a few mm larger.

Currently, there is no sealed 4-piston BBK for the rear of our vehicles.. EXCEPT.... A full Rolls Royce Cullinan setup with Carbon brakes, and a dual-caliper setup (one small EPB caliper, and one larger sealed 4-piston caliper, per side.) As far as I know, Tro-Nik is the only people selling that as well.

I'm still waiting, and searching. Eventually someone will come out with a 4-piston rear BBK that works with the EPB on both the G05 and F95 platform.
Appreciate 0