View Single Post
      04-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #66
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

I must admit I have been a light technology fan since HID came to market. I even retrofit many high power 50w ballast HID systems back in the day on my Audi’s with the factory HID system. The famed BMW “halo” was the most signature lighting element of any manufacture. We went to LED yet some of the executions of LED were not as effective as a good HID projector system. Now we are into the 4th gen LED systems with the introduction of Laser high beams. A Laser system is measured 1000 times more powerful than a LED system but after reflection gives it a real world 4 times brighter than the top LED system. This reduction is done on purpose. The Laser system is so bright that it has to be tamed even for European roads. For the US, it has to be tamed even more by when and how it can be activated. Laser lights are the future of head lights and we will eventually see a complete laser headlight system for both low and high beams much like what they did with using halogen for low beams and HID for high beams.

Last edited by MystroX5; 04-15-2019 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 0