View Single Post
      05-09-2022, 11:41 AM   #63
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrussell1992 View Post
After living with both, how do you feel about the m lineage in the SUVs? I have a 2020 M4 Comp and felt the driving dynamics of the f95 x5m to be extremely compromised vs the sharpness I get out of the f82. I needed an SUV for the mountains and hauling more gear and was disappointed. The M50i, while definitely softer, still had the brute of a v8 when on the long pedal, and the multi contour seats are a game changer vs competitors like the cayenne imo. Not sure where I'm going with this, but am surprised to see so many M car purists in this thread when I felt kinda cheated after reading the reviews touting a "physics defying" platform :/
I drove the same mountain roads on my F80 and on my F95. Of course driving dynamics and steering will be different because physics. But.. if you said which one you can go faster on, it would be 100% the X5M not only because of the grunt of the motor, but I feel more stability on long sweepers-hence more corner speed. Quick side to side transitions will always favor the smaller/lighter/shorter wheelbase car, but for what the X5M is, it really does defy physics and the performance is incredible when you look at for what it is (family hauler SUV)

That said, I do have on order a G80 M3, and i'll be interested to compare that with my F95. I've owned every modern M3 with the exception of the E.

As a side note, I've spent a significant part of my life on the track with motorcycles mainly and cars too. You don't need to drive the F95 on the track to appreciate it, most performance enthusiasts love the quicker steering ratio feel, the brake pedal feel, and the rigidity of a perf car--even on regular roads. Some people just prefer that, just like some folks prefer a cushy caddy-like ride for their DD.
Appreciate 0