View Single Post
      07-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #34
radelow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

I just sold my 2017 T6 Inscription XC90 and have an X5 on order. I put 28k miles on the XC90 so I think I have a pretty good perspective on it. I have posted this elsewhere but below is a quick summary of my thoughts/experiences:

The Good
1. Great exterior design. It is a beautiful car from every angle.
2. Great interior design. Quality of materials is second to none. Anyone that says it isn't on par with BMW is either just plain wrong or a BMW fanboy.
3. Very comfortable to drive and excellent freeway vehicle.
4. Air suspension is well sorted out.

The Bad
1. Sensus system, while good in concept, does not have the processing power to truly work well. It takes awhile to load. Sometimes the backup camera wouldn't work when I backup first thing in the morning. Also Carplay didn't always work right and sometimes the volume wouldn't work right.
2. 4-cylinder engine does not belong in a $70k car. The power was only adequate. The motor doesn't sound good and the fuel economy I experienced was horrible (~18mpg)
3. Reliability was fair to middling. I had quiet a few niggling problems (Sensus stopped working, buttons on wheel stopped working, etc.). The worst part was the lack of loaners (our dealership, the largest in San Diego maybe had 10?). I know sounds petty but I don't have time to wait at the dealership. Although they would provide a free rental it would take me an hour to get that all taken care of (picked up, driven to rental shop, wait in line, check out).
4. Blew through all four corners of brake pads in 15k miles. This is common. Leads me to believe the brakes are under engineered.

Would I buy another one? If they stick with the 4-cylinder no. If the car had a 6-cylinder I would seriously consider it. The looks and interior are great.
Ilyam5894.50