View Single Post
      07-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #44
YYCG05
Rep
Drives: 19 X5 50i

My wife drives a '18 XC90 Inscription and I will echo a few comments previous. Firstly, I purchased her a used '16 XC90 Inscription in January 2018. It had extended warranty on it so I wasn't too fussed on getting the service history, but looking back, I definitely should have. It turned out that this one was one of the first ones off the assembly line and was an absolute lemon from the get go. In the first 2 years of ownership and less than 30K miles, it had been in the shop for something like 18 different issues! For the short time we owned it (7 months), it was in the shop countless times. The AC compressor alone had to be replaced 4 times. I raised a stink with the owner of the dealership after my complaints to the service manager fell on deaf ears and he agreed to buy it back and give me a very generous discount on a brand new one. The one shocking thing was that I would have assumed that they would have fired it off to auction, but they actually put it back on the lot and sold it to another sucker. There were actually a few on the lot that had been bought back.

On to the positives, I really like the exterior look of them, particularly with the 21' rims. The interior in my mind is much nicer than the X5. Gas consumption is much better than my F15 X5 35i and of course a drop in the bucket relatively to my thirsty G05 X5 50i. The rear storage area is significantly larger than the X5 which was the reason we purchased the vehicle to begin with as we found the rear of my F15 to be on the small side when going away for the weekend with the kids.

The engine power or lack thereof as others have stated leaves a lot to be desired. It is adequate, but that's about it for such a large vehicle. That being said, it fits my wife's needs. The main user interface can be a bit buggy at times, but we haven't had any major issues with it. Of course reliability, especially for the 2016s was a major issue, but we haven't faced any major issues with the new one with the exception of a warning that popped up last week stating that the driver assistance is unavailable.
Appreciate 0