03-08-2020, 08:18 PM   #47
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
That's not the full story for Remote Start.

You can't use bimmercode due to a lack of ECU support on some of the modules that need coding, but it is possible to code Remote Start using esys.

The main issue is the need for an FSC code which can only be obtained via the BMW network. There are 3rd parties that are able to acquire these codes but the car needs to be technically ready for it. Unfortunately, based on mine and others experiences, the diesel G05's don't seem to support 1CR and associated FSC.

The system doesn't depend entirely on CD app support. I've been able to trigger the Remote Start process in the UK using the CD app, keyfob, display key, and even my apple watch. It doesn't start the engine though - it generates an error in idrive and flashes the blinkers 3 times, clicks and whirs like its about to start the engine but fails at the last second.

Those with a petrol G05 and access to the FSC should be able to retrofit remote start in any region.
I understand you can do a lot more with esys, but for me I've configured everything I need (want) for the moment.

Unfortunately I dont have the time needed to setup esys, at least for the moment

All our cars are capable of Remote Start, and my Service Manager assured me some time back that BMW will likely roll it out to everyone eventually with a general S/W upgrade. It will probably be offered as a paid subscription service like Drive Recorder.
Appreciate 0