United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post

I only coded VIM and m start up animation. Both work fine when using my driver profile. But in the guest profile I can only hear audio and it doesn't display video. Also the m start up does not appear in the guest profile.

I will try the access the speed lock menu using the guest profile but it's weird that the m start up won't appear unless I'm in my profile.
It doesn't matter how you are connected to the car from an idrive profile perspective. When you code it updates the cafd of the target ECU (HU_MGU) and that's that. We can change certain i-drive parameters like the default settings for the driving assist features (lane change warning set to early instead of late kind of thing), but they aren't profile specific. It's possible some features like ViM only work on a non-guest profile by design - I guess we'll find out when you access the speedlock menu.

I don't use bimmercode so can't comment on the target connectors. My best guess is your wifi adapter is absolutely fine, and bimmercode is merely interpreting the S18A target connector for G05/G06/G07 and presenting it as only G05 LexxM3 - you use BC, can you confirm that is the case please?

I can't help with the cable unless you have access to esys? I've had defective one's before so its possible but usually its the network config, but should be simpler with iPhone lightning adapter connectivity.

Not sure about the M logo profile as I don't use it. I did a little work on it with Josef when we put the original cheat sheets together, but cant recall anything PIA related.

Edit: I assume you only get audio when moving? The car displays video from the guest profile when stationary?
Only problem with my WiFi adapter is I don't have access to the BDC. I also can't disable the start/stop either.

My BC app says that my WiFi adapter is no longer supported. That's why I bought the cable and adapter.

I'm going to order another cable and adapter off amazon and see if I have the same connection issue.

I will try the speed lock tomorrow when we get the car back from the tint shop.