View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 10:37 PM   #3
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

My typical "on the road" setup where I'd have a Navigation Destination set is as follows:
- I show everything I can in HUD and have guidance information going there...probably my primary source for driving decisioning...
- I'd have ACC going so my instrument panel display is going to be showing Assisted Driving View...so, no navigational guidance is showing-up in my instrument panel (or binnacle...learned a new word today!)
- I typically have the Map up on the Control Display, with a Split Screen. Both sides of the split are showing map data, the larger (left) one typically set to 400 yds zoom level with perspective (3-D) and the smaller (right) map showing a "Direction of Travel" 2-D perspective. If I'm out on the road, typically have the zoom level set to 2.5 miles. (I like to be able to see surrounding small towns, major roads, etc. on the right screen...less about navigation, more about learning about what I'm driving by!) If I'm in a busy city space, etc., then the right screen is zoomed in to something like 0.5 miles so that I can see all of the upcoming streets, etc. I also always have the screen set to "Reduced Height". With this last setting, it really gives you a full-screen set of maps with very little clutter.
- Voice directions are always turned off...I hate the voice directions. With Nav showing up in the HUD, if you don't see it popping up that there's a turn/change ahead, you're not looking at the road!

With the above, I'll then toggle my control screen to Home if I'm wanting to look at something else, take a look at the Media widget, etc., but then go back to Map for the steady-state...