View Single Post
      11-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
mowog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by padster
I placed my order on 11 Sep and I was told last week (6 Nov) by the dealer that the car will only be produced in Week 46 (this coming week).

The dealer said when I placed the order it was too late for Oct production and so it had been scheduled for Nov production. Could they not have organised Oct production considering that the order was placed on 11 Sep??
I placed an order with BMW Melbourne on September 9th, and was told at the time it would be October production, for December delivery. I managed to get a VIN number from them in mid-October, so on that basis I'm fairly confident that it actually got built already

I've been checking Wallenius Wilhelmsen's cargo tracking page daily since then, but they have no record of the car yet. All that means though is that the car hasn't been booked for shipping and is probably about to make its way from Rosslyn to Durban.

What I find disappointing about the whole process is the dealer can't give me any idea of delivery date until the car docks in Melbourne, or so they say. From what they've told me, by tracking the car with W&W I'll actually know more about the timeframe than they will..

Anyway, it sounds like you were fed about missing October production. Your order went in two days after mine, and my car was produced somewhere mid-month.

--m
Appreciate 0