SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
A few observations, notes, and questions:

BMW engines and ZF combo. Didn't Hyundai and KIA were fined heavily for failing to recall their engines last week? Weren't they fined for telling lie about gas mileage few years ago?

Tried and true iDrive system, and things that you can do with coding. Can you compare?

Handling with DHP even on an 40i. Can you compare?

Prestige and class. Can you compare? Do they have a separate dealership like Lexus or do you still go to Hyundai dealership?

Personally, I don't like the GV80's steering wheel and D pillar design among other things. If I were shopping Acura MDX, Lexus RX, etc. then GV80 would be on my list; however, I recommend not buying at least first two model years on any new platform.

Here is an interesting point about rating, auto journalist gives high remarks about Mazda CX-9, but why it doesn't compete well in its class? Don't know! I watch reputable reviews and ratings, but my research and analysis has the final say.

I also have a different take on reliability. IMO some car manufacturers are reliable because they are not an early adopters of new technologies. They wait to adopt, hence reliable. For example, not a single Toyota/Lexus vehicles have wireless CarPlay, except one that is using rebadged iDrive.

No cars are perfect, at the end you decide what is best fit for you.
Jmpascual687.50