09-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #17
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_X5 View Post

I replaced the original set of Pirellis on the A6 at 28k miles as they were getting noisy, but still had plenty of tread life. Went with A0 OEM 255/35 R20 P Zeroes Absolutely no complaints. They far exceeded my expectations during a winter in Asheville, providing decent traction in both snow and on ice.
I'm interested in the P-Zero's performance on snow too. What amount of snow and how long was it on the ground? I know that part of NC does get snow but how long does it stick around?

Before I moved to FL from MA I was used to storms that dropped 20" and driving in snow/slush for days at a time 'till the plows got all the secondary roads cleared up.

What do you mean by traction on ice? Again, back in MA I've had my car slide down the driveway on its own after an ice storm. Except for one time when I had studded tires, I've never had any luck with keeping control when I ran into ice.

We had P-Zero's on our X3. Though I never drove it in the snow just looking at the treads I can't believe I would have lived through an MA winter with them.
Appreciate 0