natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Traded two 2018 Q7s, one with less than 2,000 miles and one less than 15,000, for 2020 BMWs. Took about a $50k bath combined and worth it, to me. Your mileage may vary. Going in reverse and trading out of BMW for a less expensive car may mean less out-of-pocket for you, but you will take a depreciation hit on a new car.
Thanks! That is a LOt. You must’ve HATED those cars. I’d probably buy Lincoln, or possibly even Cadillac or Buick - which I’d never thought I’d even consider. I’m also considering pickup trucks, they can be tricked out pretty nice these days.

I can afford it, but it grinds on me to be paying so much each month, with no car to drive. The hits just keep adding up.

I think if I put a dealer on notice that I want a specific car, they might alert me when they get a car that the buyer can’t take, turned in nearly new, or something like that. That is how we got a nice deal on our Honda odyssey years ago. Someone ordered and then didn’t want it.

It’s a project I didn’t expect. Car shopping really kinda sucks. I’m just so terribly frustrated.
Appreciate 0