natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
I can only imagine...they is the one crappy thing, you would think they repair parts would be readily available. I would just keep hounding the point of contact at BMW...I think it'll be sooner than you think for everything to get worked out. The tech is slowly working itself out. Trust me...I was about ready to torch the car a few months back. It is getting there.

This is my second BMW, and it took me some time getting adjusted to it. Coming from an F80 M3, the tech was simple...and it was a solid, purpose built car. I don't know if that has to do with the build quality (I swear the built stuff better outside of the US) or if they just put more effort into the M cars. It was a HUGE change, as I felt like I was driving a boat compared to other SUVs and obviously the M3.

I went for a comfort built vehicle, and to BMW's credit, that is what I got. It's the disparity between X5 to X5 and all the kinks and what not that come up. Some of us are more particular about the vehicle, but a lot of people lease and just say "oh F it, it's done in 3 years". I hope that's not the mentality BMW takes, but I have faith.

I'll get off my soapbox and keep hoping for the best. But I will say, this vehicle has grown on me. Everything is well thought out, and technology aside...BMW builds a "brick sh*t house" when it comes down to the actual vehicle. Hell, look at all the BS with the 2020 Ford Explorers...I cannot even imagine how pissed I would be with the crap they just rolled out...and those vehicles are not much cheaper than the X5...
Agree with all. I thought the X5 was priced very well, and yes I could easily spend as much or more on a Lincoln or a Cadillac. One of my biggest problems in selecting a car is that I live in a small city. No Lexus, Acura, or other luxury dealers. Just Lincoln, GM and MB. My BMW dealer is 90 minutes away.

I think I will be better served if I can get a car serviced locally. On the other hand, A new car shouldn’t need much service. Having a minor collision is not something you plan for. But with other brands, they could be done closer to me, and I HOPE much more quickly. And possibly at a dealer that would let you have a loaner.

Trucks, on the other hand, are sold everywhere here. They don’t come with luxury car badges and can be serviced anywhere. But a really tricked out truck will cost as much as a luxury SUV. I want a comfortable luxury ride, and I think a lot of trucks can meet that Bill these days. I’ve never driven them to find out.

So my shopping list is wide open, but I’m dreading the chore of checking them all out and dealing with the sales reps.

Basically, I am in total analysis paralysis.
Appreciate 0