View Single Post
      11-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #98
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
Agree with all. I thought the X5 was priced very well, and yes I could easily spend as much or more on a Lincoln or a Cadillac. One of my biggest problems in selecting a car is that I live in a small city. No Lexus, Acura, or other luxury dealers. Just Lincoln, GM and MB. My BMW dealer is 90 minutes away.

I think I will be better served if I can get a car serviced locally. On the other hand, A new car shouldn’t need much service. Having a minor collision is not something you plan for. But with other brands, they could be done closer to me, and I HOPE much more quickly. And possibly at a dealer that would let you have a loaner.

Trucks, on the other hand, are sold everywhere here. They don’t come with luxury car badges and can be serviced anywhere. But a really tricked out truck will cost as much as a luxury SUV. I want a comfortable luxury ride, and I think a lot of trucks can meet that Bill these days. I’ve never driven them to find out.

So my shopping list is wide open, but I’m dreading the chore of checking them all out and dealing with the sales reps.

Basically, I am in total analysis paralysis.

I had a 2014 Ford F-150 with the off-road package. I miss that truck, and got rid of it since it didn't fit in the garage. If this isn't an issue, I would seriously consider an F-150. They are on price point with a lot of these luxury vehicles, and drive like a charm. I always tell people looking for cars to see what is around. No matter where you go...there's always either a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge (yuck).

I am partial to SUVs now, given the fact I feel like I have more room...I consider SUV to be a wagon vs a truck more like a sedan. I'll tell you what...I never once took the truck off road, or really hauled dirt, mulch, or rocks...so I felt I was being the definition of a tool. Going to BMW, apparently I am still a tool, just a different type. But I can live with that!
Appreciate 0