Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Hi SK,

Another sapphire black, congrats.

My 2 cents:

Rims:
20" won't be harsh even without electronic damper. Today's low profile tires are very comfy. If compared to RFT they are even less harsh. Initially I was thinking about 19" too but eventually got 20". No regrets at all, 19" looks not as good. Guys in So. Cal. are switching to 21" now. Very sick. May be not for us in HK, road condition too rough.

Suspension:
Try out how you feel first with the stock. Personally I found it to have too much body roll, extremely. If you had the E46 M3 you will definitely feel it. I used to drive E46 too. The stock F10 without DHP is like a boat. My folks feel sick when I drive on windy roads. That's why I switched to sport springs. Different car now, no regrets on switching. If you ask me I say it's a must mod item. No warranty for the suspension after modding of course. My thinking is there will not be any thing wrong in one or two years time. By that time if the shocks screwed, just change to aftermarket ones. Many choices and better performance.

Tires:
PZero, Pilot Super Sport are very good. Can't go wrong with either of them. I have Advan Sport, a few K cheaper. Not worse compared to the other two since I am not tracking. Value for money. Tire profile more square at the edges, looks better.

Wah Kee:
A few of our forum members here swapped the rims there. Introduced by Mlai bro. Seems like a very good shop. I just ordered quite a bit there.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0