01-06-2021, 03:13 PM   #37
ChiefOne
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 XDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
I test drove a 21 X5 with it to see how much I'd like it. While it's cool feature to show off (like the gesture controls), I couldn't see myself ever using it. To me, it was just another thing to go wrong and cause dash lights while never reaping the benefits.

I got a BMW for the driving experience, and knowing that a computer is controlling the driving does not sit well with me and not worth the "upgrade" Maybe if I was in constant traffic, I would feel differently. Or maybe I'm just a control freak who likes to be in charge of the driving

Gesture control, even though is a cool feature, I abandoned it after a while because I realized that I am more of a hand talker and that use to create massive confusion with the gesture control

I agree, the vehicle being in control kinda suck my life initially, but then the blood rush that I would get when the vehicle self maneuvers between two huge vehicles in a narrow lane would be priceless. I use it almost 100% of the time. I always keep holding the wheel gently and can sense the wheel moving under my palm.