View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 06:41 PM   #2
G050i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 50i w/ M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
My MY19 50i was on 07/2019 before the update this week. Normally, the exhaust flap stays shut in comfort and stays open in sport once you tap the accelerator.

After the update, regardless of drive mode, the flap stays closed until you're under acceleration. There is noticeably less drone and bass in exhaust at idle and you can no longer flip drive modes and hear the flap click open / closed.

I did plug-in Bimmerlink and was able to open and close the flap manually, so it is responding and functional. Anyone running either 11/2019 or 03/2020 that got a corresponding ISTEP update able to confirm how their flap actuates? Greatly appreciated.
Its my understanding that the flap is always closed until activated by RPM over 4k. At startup its open for a short period but it clearly closes bc you can hear the exhaust change dramatically at idle. I've never known the flap to open and close just by changing drive modes. I could be wrong but there's always been extensive talk on the forums about the flap and how it's activated and when it's closed or open.
Appreciate 0