07-01-2020, 09:31 AM   #75
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I've done extensive coding on my car and still got the OTA - not sure how one would effect the other. The only thing I can think that could effect the OTA would be if you changed the FA (VO coding) and wrote it back to the car. Whenever I modify the FA, I don't write it back to the car. I just keep a copy on my computer.

If someone did that and they think its the reason why the OTA isn't coming I suppose you can write the old FA back to the car. If you don't code the ECUs after you do that, you shouldn't lose your VO coding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
^^
I think I was the first who reported this. I had 5AP removed and 8TL added and I swear I tried OTA at least 10 times and always got nothing. Immediately after putting everything back I got OTA. That was like less than 10 minutes after I tried OTA with modified FA.

mandomedic122 had the same 07/2019.55 version and modified FA and couldn't OTA and wanted to verify my observation. Unfortunately he had some other more pressing issues with the car with the dealer upgrading his to 03/2020.xx.
This made me interested as I've been checking on my app and in the car for an update and I've never gotten one on my M340i (currently on 7/2019.55). I edited the FA back in December to remove 5AP so this made me think if that was it.

Yesterday afternoon I restored the backup FA I made before making changes and wrote it to the car. Didn't code any ECUs so technically I should still have anti-dazzle lights but I'm still seeing no updates available in the car and in the app.

Also I have an Android and I haven't heard of any users getting an OTA update with an Android phone.

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 0