Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G050i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
Agreed, I've done a lot of searching so I was surprised to see that. Mine acts exactly how you describe it now, but I'm confident I had control with the drive modes before. You could hear it click closed when pressing comfort. Now it will open above 3-4K RPM in sport and stay closed all the time in comfort.

You can plug in an enet adapter with bimmerlink and control it manually via an iPhone app, and I used that to confirm the sound I was expecting really wasn't there.
If you truly did have it open and close with just changing drive modes then I'm really surprised. I don't think I've heard anyone with a 50i have that happen. Or at least never saw someone post it until you. If that's all true then it seems like what happened is that with the update you actually got the exhaust operating the true way it was meant off the factory line lol. I think everyone would've rather had the setup you had before the change.
I just figured out that the replacement rain sensor wasn't calibrated so I'm headed back tomorrow. Planning on checking out a couple other X5s if I can to see / compare how the flap operates.
How did you make out testing out others? I have a feeling there might be limited inventory to check.

I know on my prior ///M, you could hear the flap open and close when engaging into sport, sport plus or back to efficiency.
You nailed it, they didn't have any on the lot. They ran the ISTA teach-in process on the exhaust flap module and confirmed it was working. Must just be different on the newer istep.
Appreciate 0