View Single Post
      07-04-2020, 06:15 PM   #20
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
You’re assuming the people in those videos don’t know how to drive, and have no skills, and never invested in driver mod. Not very objective officer.

And it’s kind of funny because I did one of my first driver training classes at Mid Ohio with a bunch of people from work. There was 10 of us and 10 Ohio state troopers. And the instructors thought it would be funny to put us against each other in a series of driving challenges. So we had a little competition on the handling course, and it turned out the troopers were the ones who couldn’t drive.

So I understand how it’s unfair to ask police to evaluate driving skills.
And you assume that they can drive. Just because you can afford a fast car doesn't mean you can drive it. It's not just the idiots in the video but as you've pointed out the other people on the road that can't drive.

As far as the police and their driving skills are concerned that's a pretty weak position to take. The police generally get pretty decent training, and just to put it into perspective they are required to train in a vast number of areas. Use of Force, human rights, law, arrest, firearms, PVO (Police Vehicle Operations). Few are exceptional in all areas, we all have our strengths and weaknesses......no doubt you are an exceptional driver and from the video can judge all the other drivers and their abilities.....because as we all know accidents rarely happen and when they do speed is almost never a factor.
Appreciate 0