Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukedogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dds007 View Post
Sooooooo, apparently the condenser was damaged during shipping. They need to order the part (again) from Germany with no ETA of arrival.

Might need to lawyer up. Any recommendations on buy back vs lemon law? Will I get full value I paid in a buy back?
I asked for the extra stuff since they didn't know how long it would take to get AC parts and because Alan heard 2 months. They used ceramic tint on the front windows and they look great. They set an appointment for the full ceramic, but the shop that does it is booked up for a while. Full Ceramic will get done in August. They did the 1,200 mile service at 400 miles, because the car met the date/age requirements. The 1,200 mile service ensures that your car can be certified when you trade it in and it's supposed to unleash BMW's full tune. It was fast when I got it, it may be faster now, not sure, but I know it's fast and handles in a way that doesn't abide to the laws of physics.
The 1200 mile service makes no change to the tune. It's an old myth that has been going around for a long long time. I even fell for it when I got my M3CS. I ended up emailing one of the BMW Regional Technical Engineers and he confirmed that there is no change (I had his contact info from when I was having huge AC problems with my prior X5).

As for the service being done early, I'd be pissed if the did it 800 miles early. It's a mileage interval service, not a time interval.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0