View Single Post
      07-17-2020, 12:03 PM   #93
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Crap looks like the work is taking much longer than anticipated. I was able to speak to the shop foreman which is working on my X5M himself and explained due to the tight clearances and him being extra cautious with my new car looks like it won't be done until early next week which i'm fine with. Says all the extra coolers on this motor leaves zero room to work around. Ultimately i just want the car fixed 100% so rather not rush him. He also said BMW sent a regional rep out and they are all over this to prevent a bunch of buy backs and will be compensating customers for this issue. Lets see what happens....

From what he shared with me over the phone he said BMW released a new compressor with a updated part number. The issue appears that it could be a tolerance issue as the compressor wears in the metal shavings ends up clogging the valves inside causing the AC to stop working which is why they are replacing the compressor, condenser and going to flush all the lines to make sure its clear on my car.

I'll get more info next week when i go pick up the car and post up the part numbers here.

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 07-19-2020 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 1