gx5_027
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezerdoctor View Post
Hey F32,

I have a before video, and have not yet recorded a post-install video. I will try to get that done next week (currently working on installing MSS kit this weekend).

I would definitely do the downpipes again myself if needed, I got a quote from a local independent, BMW focused service center, and they wanted $900 to install the pipe. That seemed nuts, so I decided to do it myself at that point. (same company gave me a quote of $2200 for the MSS install!!??)

I think 3 hours would be a good target to budget for, but allow more if it is your first time. I still think a shop would charge a minimum of 2 hours, simply because I think it would take them slightly over an hour (maybe), and they would round to the next hour. Just my thoughts on it.

I do have a piggyback tune from Carbon, and when/if they come out with their ECU flash tune, I would do that also.

I also have the bimmertech app to adjust settings on my own and tinker with settings a little.

I'll let you know when I get the clips uploaded.
For the o2 sensor removal and retightening - did you use that special tool in the video? freezerdoctor
Appreciate 0