View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 08:04 AM   #14
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Let service deal with it. That’s what they are there for.
I hear you, but having spent many days in the shop trying to chase down a bad rattles with two previous BMWs, I'm not enthusiastic about starting that process again with a brand new car.

You take off work, bring in the car into BMW service, and tell them it's got a bad rattle that is driving you nuts. They take it in. Six hours later they come back and tell you they can't reproduce the rattle. You make another appointment, another day off work. This time they give you a loaner, but all that means is that they've dropped you to the bottom of any priority list, so you're three days without your car. Rinse, repeat. Then, you convince the service manager (or rattle guru, whomever is available) to drive with you on a street you know makes the car rattle like a bad washing machine on spin cycle. Or maybe you're lucky and you convince them to drive with you on the first day. But, it's raining, so they can't hear the rattle again. Another appointment. Finally, you get them to drive with you on a good day, they hear the rattle. They take the car for three days and return it saying they believe they've fixed it. They haven't. Eventually, either the shop or the rattle wins but you've wasted days of your life over a stupid rattle that makes the care sound like it was put together by drunken elves on a bender.

And, it's made even worse because most people don't care and really don't take this all that seriously.

And, apologies for the short rant. It was a rattle-ful drive in this morning, and it got me off on the wrong foot.

Last edited by Tlon; 01-07-2019 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0