01-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #17
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
An update of sorts:

After a bit more investigation, I noticed that the rear corner of the sunroof on the passenger side has a lot more play than the driver's side. It also makes a knocking sound if I lift it. The driver's side barely moves and makes no sound. I also noticed that there is a little piece of foam (looks about as flimsy as possible along the runners under the sunroof. The one on the driver's side looks perfectly shaped. The one on the passenger side is all bunched up and greasy. I'm not sure if these are meant to be there or if there were left during assembly -- they seriously look like a piece of foam I'd expect to find in a piece of packaging for a piece of computer hardware -- but if the latter one is just damaged. Wondering if this is contributing.

Anyway, the rattling has been a lot worse these past two days--it's pretty much constant--so I have an appointment on Saturday to have BMW take a look. Wish me luck.
You got a lot going for you as you can duplicate the rattle at will. That’s half the battle with service finding the fix. Seems like you certainly found a very good place for them to look.
Appreciate 0