01-09-2019, 03:53 AM   #18
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
An update of sorts:

After a bit more investigation, I noticed that the rear corner of the sunroof on the passenger side has a lot more play than the driver's side. It also makes a knocking sound if I lift it. The driver's side barely moves and makes no sound. I also noticed that there is a little piece of foam (looks about as flimsy as possible along the runners under the sunroof. The one on the driver's side looks perfectly shaped. The one on the passenger side is all bunched up and greasy. I'm not sure if these are meant to be there or if there were left during assembly -- they seriously look like a piece of foam I'd expect to find in a piece of packaging for a piece of computer hardware -- but if the latter one is just damaged. Wondering if this is contributing.

Anyway, the rattling has been a lot worse these past two days--it's pretty much constant--so I have an appointment on Saturday to have BMW take a look. Wish me luck.
I've isolated mine to the passenger side of the moonroof too. When I tap on the glass I can hear it rattle.

The part you're lifting, is it the shade cover for the moonroof when fully closed?

I also notice that my rear passenger seat cushion has some play and clicking type noise when I push down on it. Almost as if it wasn't installed properly from the factory. Interestingly, my rattle isn't as noticeable when I have someone sit in the rear passenger side seat.
Appreciate 0