10-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I wondered the same thing because it is only 8” long going into the center console area from the panel lid. I believe water intrusion from the outside would have to come in through the air intakes below the passenger side of the windshield. That would be tough and the fan would have to be on to suck it in. Perhaps it’s for condensation? I would love to know this myself.

If you look behind the battery under the hood on the passenger side below the windshield, you will see the air intake for the ventilation. Turn on the fan and you can hear where it draws air into the cabin. This is where I thought a pollen filter would be but there isn’t one.
Ok, so possibly its a condensate line. Moisture trapped in the air filter box that later condenses needs a place to go. Is that white tube, when connected, in a gravity fed downward position from the filter box to the center console? If so, maybe the water then just drips out of the car onto the tranny or along side it. Whatcha think?

By the way, do you know a used car dealer by the name of Euro Imports in Lock Haven? Trustworthy?
Appreciate 0