12-29-2021, 10:37 AM   #11
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxie View Post
Hey Hugggie, I am also expecting my e45 end of February beginning of march in Belgium. I also was looking to remove the badges or have them de-chromed / blacked. As it will be the only chrome parts left on the car. May i asked where you both the black X5 emblem(s)?
The reason for debadging is indeed to have all chrome gone from the car. You can buy the official high gloss one through e.g. Bimmerproducts.nl for 50 EUR (outrageous price) or you can buy one through Aliexpress for 8 euro including shipping. I will have the Chinese replica in a week's time, will let you know how it looks.

There is no regulation about debadging a hybrid or an electrical car, BMW is indeed not offering it at configuring stage but my dealer will remove it without any problem afterwards (upon delivery), and many other brands do have the debadging option available in their car configurator, also for cars with a battery.

I believe the combination of Manhattan green with multiple high gloss parts, such as the splitters, the kidneys, the side skirts, the emblem, the rims, etc will look very nice!
Appreciate 1
Drmsa43.00