06-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #109
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyGit View Post
I've just registered here as I'm looking for info and hope someone can help.

I'm in the UK and ready to order an X5 45e M Sport but as this is through my employers lease scheme, and our local BMW dealers are closed due to COVID-19, I've struggled to get a straight answer on when I can be sure I would get a MY 2021 UK spec vehicle and not MY 2020. I even tried BMW UK via social media and got told they know nothing about any 2021 changes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
No changes or differences between MY20 and MY21 Driving Assistant Professional.
I've read that the UK car does have differences to it's speed limit and no-overtaking detection, variable distance on the adaptive cruise control, and better lane controls linked to the satnav.

Additionally I believe the MY 2021 includes more options for remotely setting seat heating etc, and the eDrive facility for driving in European low emissions zones.

I'd like to make sure I get the UK MY 2021 - can anyone provide any information to help?
Welcome. It is a great car!

The edrive functionality you mention is already installed in update 03/2020. So edrive is activated by geo fencing once you drive in certain cities . If you navigate through some cities on bmw navigation it will automatically regulate battery level to your need. It is installed in my 2020 model. So that is no difference.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...-across-europe

I understood the connected drive app will be updated giving extra possibility to activate seat heating and ventilation with the app. I don't know if an Idrive update is needed. If so it is expected on July. They are always at least one version behind. Mine was version 07/2019 delivered 12/2019. You could ask them to update you to the latest software. Preheating and cooling is available already on the 45e. Activating seat heating and ventilation I can't do yet. I don't know if this is different in the US? Looking at the post of Auricom apparently he is already able to activate seat ventilation remotely? Or maybe I misunderstood?

Lane keeping with satnav I haven't heard about. Better distance keeping is probably a software update too? Or will there be new sensors? Can't comment on that.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...or-summer-2020

And current delivery times are around 9 months. Mine was delivered in December, ordered in may. The worry would be 2022 vs 2021 🤔. You will get 2021 anyway.
Appreciate 0