07-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #67
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV0900 View Post
Been following G05 updates for last couple of months. Went to my local dealership this morning (in the UK) and configured the car I am looking for (M Sport).

Does anyone have any insight on what % discount one can expect in this initial period? Obviously the sales man quoted me list price. Also, does BMW make any contributions after a new model launch?

He said he is ready to take the orders, production will be some time Oct/Nov with expected delivery Dec/Jan.
I would be gobsmacked if you were to get any sort of discount on a new model, or that BMW would be making any sort of contributions either.
Maybe after they've been in the showrooms for 6 months and sales are slow, they might be open to deals to fill build slots, but very rare for a deal for such an early build from a UK dealer.

However, if you don't ask, you don't get.

You might get a better idea if you do a build via Broadspeed etc., site and see what gives, if next to no deals of list, you can bet there will be nothing forthcoming from the dealers.