View Single Post
      08-04-2020, 07:57 AM   #2
StanTheManBG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4, X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFunkNull View Post
I currently own a 2017 M3 Comp moving into an SUV for additional space for work. I test drove an x6M Comp, this is for anybody considering and unable to actually test drive one of these cars.

To my surprise the vehicle is not much bigger than my M3 when sat in the car and the rear leg room is probably less. The most frustrating thing for me on my test drive is how the car suffers from power in the 50mph plus range. After my test drive I was so concerned about the lack of power I did some research and found it 3 seconds slower than an M5 60-100 and 1 second slower than my M3. It feels when driving that the car lacks power where it matters midrange. I drove it with all assists OFF! I am an M3 driver !

Not sure if any others have come from the M3 to an M SUV and feel the same. Probably gonna wait for the new M3 or M5 LCI as the M SUV does not feel like an M brand vehicle.
To be fair the X6M is nearly 700kg heavier than the outgoing M3/M4. And at the end of the day we're comparing apples and oranges here.
Appreciate 0