10-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #15
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
So now I'm wondering if the word "broken" in the context of these posts really means not working, off its track or something more along those lines rather than broken pieces of plastic, sheared off cable ends, etc.

I know the G05 has a storage place under the cargo floor for the manual cargo cover. I've never tried removing one but I know its a PITA to remove mine on my 2011 X3. Just getting it unlocked is the PITA, then for me, I have to find a place to put it as my X3 has no facility for it.
I like the idea of the electric one in the G05, not so much the little rubber grippers on the cargo floor but I like the auto part of the cargo cover. However, if its somewhat easy to "break", and I don't mean just coming off its track or cable, then I'd go with the manual one.

Comments?
I bought the cargo mat which covers the rubber strips. In my particular case the disappearance of the cargo cover by a press of button is very convenient for my wife and I. Also I use the nets that are throughout the cargo area.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0