View Single Post
      10-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #113
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Did we even watch the same grand prix? It was pretty clear that Hamilton chopped across Massa, and didn't leave him enough space. He was lucky to get away from that without any damage to his car. I never said he deserved a penalty - I was just commenting that it was HIS mistake, not Massa's...once again. Watch the replay carefully...Massa is almost alongside, then Hamilton moves across while Massa is already on the brakes - reminded me of the Kobayashi-Hamilton incident.
I'm not sure that we did.

All of the replays show that Hamilton didn't even look over to his left at all. So I wouldn't call it 'chopping' as he didn't even know Massa was there. He was just taking his normal line to take the right hand corner on.

Regarding Massa, why was he even in that position? There is no way that he was going to take Hamilton on the outside on such a tight corner. And he definitely didn't look like he wanted to avoid an accident. He just put his car 3/4 the length up there on the outside and left it. Hamilton didn't move his steering wheel to block or anything, as he was unknowing to Massa, that was just the trajectory Hamilton had been on while approaching the corner.

Ask yourself this, if it had been Hamilton on the outside making the same move would you still be saying the same thing? (Don't forget Massa's wing hit the back of Hamilton's tire.)

Regarding his comment about vision, with as much turmoil as he has been in this year what else could he say? He isn't going to deliberately start another feud or fight for the media to frenzy over. He is in 'take it on the chin' mode now to finish the year off. But being Hamilton, unfortunately he is damned either way.