View Single Post
      08-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #6
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

I still think the m performance exhaust is way too expensive for what it is (an axel back exhaust). For the same price you can get a cat-back exhaust. Or go to any exhaust shop and you can save over $1000 for the same thing.

It depends how lazy you are... I didn't want to import one myself as I'd have to pay extra taxes, find an install place.

So I got quoted $2485+GST for m performance exhaust (with chrome tips) plus installation. Milltek cost me $2475+GST. I also got quoted $3000+GST for a supersprint one. And my mate took his M135i to hi-tech mufflers in Darlinghurst, did a resonator delete, new custom made muffler (twice he didn't like the sound of the first one at no extra cost) for $1000.

I've listened to all 3, a full cat-back exhaust has a slight edge with a crisper sound, while the custom made axel back with resonator delete is a close 2nd while the m performance one is the quietest!

So I'm still baffled at why people want to get the m performance exhaust! Just for the brand? It's overpriced and not worth the money!
Appreciate 0